Greetings, Pastors, CFO’s and Communications folks,
The new Temple School course, Ministry of the Priest, will be offered at the Reynoldsburg congregation on Saturday, August 27, from 8am to 6pm. This is for anyone interested in knowing more about the office of Priest, current Priests who would like to take the new course or anyone who need the course prior to ordination. Please register with Vern Foster if interested.
The Pastors, Counselors, Evangelists and Congregational Financial Officers meetings will be on August 21 at Westerville congregation and August 28 at Shawnee congregation. Both start at 3:00 pm and we plan to end by 5:00. Agenda items include:
- 2017 Mission Center budget. We will have the preliminary budget for discussion. We know the Camp Bountiful assessments will increase by $4300 (approx. 37% increase), so if we follow our previous practices the congregation assessments would also increase by 37%. However, with the transfer of the cost of the MC President to the mission center, there will be more expenses to consider.
- Camp Bountiful finances. Fees for 2017 will increase, as well as assessments and we are still in need of additional revenue. We’ll discuss a plan to have camp board members come to each congregation and present the camp needs. This should take around 10 minutes and we’ll discuss having this done in your congregation.
- 2017 calendar
- 2016 congregation elections – fall business meetings. Please bring your dates if you have them.
- Worldwide Mission Endowment
- World Conference actions
- Registered Youth Worker core training
- Seekers ministry.
- Temple School/training needs
- Priesthood Retreat Oct. 15 in Grove City. I should have some details to share by next month
- Mission Center conference on Saturday, November 12 in Beavercreek.
- Open Table
I’m trying to get into most of the congregations between now and the end of the year. I’ve already arranged to visit several but if you have a specific date you would like me to come let me know. Otherwise I’ll drop in as my schedule permits.